St. Mary-St. Joseph Announcements
Father Dong will be celebrating Mass this Sunday, May 24th at St. Mary Church in Paxton. The Mass will be streamed live at 9:30 AM. We will be streaming on both Facebook and Youtube. We encourage everyone to join us for Mass at either of the following sites at 9:30 AM:
Youtube- https://youtu.be/Zo5UI8ftlwY We ask that the parishioners like & subscribe to feed so Google will allow more flexibility in how we record the Mass in the future.St. Mary- St. Joseph Announcements for week of 5-24-2020We need 1000 subscribers to continue to use this method of transmission. Please share with your family & friends so we meet our quota.
We are currently working with the Diocese of Joliet and also the state of Illinois in opening our churches through several phases. We have assembled a team for our parishes to oversee & help meet all the requirements set forth to all churches in the state of Illinois. We need to emphasize safety first and our deep commitment to our families that we are taking these steps with everyone’s safety in mind. Therefore, Bishop Pates has suggested that we wait for First Communion and Confirmation until next Fall.
With that said one of the things the Diocese of Joliet will be doing is celebrating a Live Stream Mass with Bishop Pates that intentionally celebrates those waiting to receive these sacraments. In a letter to all parishes the Bishop is quoted as saying:
- Sunday, May 31, the Feast of Pentecost: I invite all those preparing to receive Confirmation (youth and adults, the elect and candidates for full communion), along with their loved ones and sponsors, to attend a special livestream Mass that I will be celebrating especially with them at 2:00 PM, May 31st,
From the Cathedral of St. Raymond Nonnatus Cathedral of St. Raymond Nonnatus.
- Sunday, June 14, the Feast of Corpus Christi: I invite all children who have been preparing to receive their First Holy Communion, along with their families and loved ones, to attend a special livestream Mass that I will be celebrating especially with them at 2 PM, June 14th, from the Cathedral of St. Raymond Nonnatus.
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Most Reverend Richard E. Pates
Follow us on Facebook
For Parish Notifications
Sunday 9:30 am - St Mary Paxton
Sunday 11:30 am - Our Lady Of Lourdes Gibson City
Monday 8:00 am - Our Lady Of Lourdes Gibson City
Tuesday 5:30 pm - St. Joseph Loda
Wednesday 7:00 pm - St Mary Paxton
Thursday 5:30 pm - Our Lady Of Lourdes Gibson City
Friday 8:00 am St Mary Paxton
Saturday 5:00 pm -Our Lady Of Lourdes Gibson City
Are you new to the area or the parish?
Call Fr. Dong at the Rectory to become a new church member! 217-379-4033
Please leave a message if Fr. Dong is unavailable to take your call.
Religious Ed Announcements 5-31-20
This week is Pentecost, the descending of the Holy Spirit upon the disciples. Come, Holy Spirit, come! We too, through the Sacrament of Confirmation, are given the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
We have 9 students waiting to be Confirmed this year. Bishop Pates is inviting all whose Confirmation has been postponed due to the Coronavirus to join him for a special Mass at 2 PM on Sunday, May 31st. Go to the Diocese of Joliet website: www.dioceseofjoliet.org
Please continue to use the program God, Family, Friends with your family. This program is on our website and plans are already in the works to make it even bigger and better for our next school year. Jesus said he would never abandon us and by having the Holy Spirit dwelling in our hearts, he is always close to us.
May God Bless and Protect You,
Religious Education Director
Readings for the week of May 24, 2020
- Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 / Mt 28:16-20
- 7th Sunday of Easter: Acts 1:12-14 / Ps 27:1, 4, 7-8  / 1 Pt 4:13-16 / Jn 17:1-11a
- Monday: Acts 19:1-8 / Ps 68:2-3ab, 4-5acd, 6-7ab [33a] / Jn 16:29-33
- Tuesday: Acts 20:17-27 / Ps 68:10-11, 20-21 [33a] / Jn 17:1-11a
- Wednesday: Acts 20:28-38 / Ps 68:29-30, 33-35a, 35bc-36ab [33a] / Jn 17:11b-19
- Thursday: Acts 22:30; 23:6-11 / Ps 16:1-2a and 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11  / Jn 17:20-26
- Friday: Acts 25:13b-21 / Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20ab [19a] / Jn 21:15-19
- Saturday: Morning: Acts 28:16-20, 30-31 / Ps 11:4, 5 and 7 [cf. 7b] / Jn 21:20-25
- Next Sunday: Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Extended Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 / Ps 33:10-11, 12-13, 14-15 / Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b / Dn 3:52, 53, 55, 56 [52b] or Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 / Ez 37:1-14 / Ps 107:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9  / Jl 3:1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39. Day: Acts 2:1-11 / Ps 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34 [cf. 30] / 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13 / Jn 20:19-23