St. Mary-St. Joseph Announcements
We want to thank everyone for your continued support of St. Mary & St. Joseph churches. Please consider the financial health of the parish through prayers and your financial stewardship, especially during through these difficult times.
GREAT NEWS WE ARE AGAIN OPEN THIS WEEKEND!
Since we have limited seating available, we ask that everyone signup on our website to indicate your desire to go to Mass at either St. Mary or St. Joseph. We have run out of space inside the Church at St. Mary's the last couple Sundays, so it is VERY important to register. St. Joseph's has not been full nor the 11am at Our Lady of Lourdes so those are additional options. St. Mary's has overflow in the hall (livestream) and Communion will be brought over. Please register via the contact us page by Thursday and select to send the message to St. Joseph or St Mary reservation and also include how many in your family will be attending.
For those of you that would prefer to make your reservations by phone please call Dan to make reservations for St. Joseph at 217 781-2411. Call Sheila to make reservations for St. Mary at 217 417-2017 to make reservations at St. Mary church. Please sign up or call by Thursday. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Dispensation from attending Mass is still in effect, therefore if you feel you cannot attend safely please don’t feel obligated to come.
Please Arrive 10 Minutes before Mass, so we can hold your seat
We will also be distributing Holy Communion at 11 AM in front of St. Mary Church for those who cannot attend Mass. Please be at the front steps of St. Mary by 11.
Sunday’s live broadcast at 9:30 AM can be found at:
May God Bless You and Your Family
Follow us on Facebook
For Parish Notifications
Sunday 9:30 am - St Mary Paxton
Sunday 11:00 am - Our Lady Of Lourdes Gibson City
Monday 8:00 am - No Mass
Tuesday 5:30 pm - St. Joseph Loda
Wednesday 7:00 pm - St Mary Paxton
Thursday 5:30 pm - Our Lady Of Lourdes Gibson City
Friday 8:00 am St Mary Paxton
Saturday 5:00 pm -Our Lady Of Lourdes Gibson City
Are you new to the area or the parish?
Call Fr. Dong at the Rectory to become a new church member! 217-379-4033
Please leave a message if Fr. Dong is unavailable to take your call.
Congratulations Jim Shuler on joining 4th Degree Knights of Columbus
Readings for the week of March 7, 2021
- Sunday: Ex 20:1-17 or 20:1-3, 7-8, 12-17 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 [Jn 6:68c] / 1 Cor 1:22-25 / http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/030721.cfm
- Jn 2: 13-25 or Ex 17:3-7 / Ps 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9  / Rom 5:1-2, 5-8 / Jn 4:5-42 or
- 4: 5-15, 19b-26, 39a, 40-42
- Monday: 2 Kgs 5:1-15ab / Ps 42:2, 3; 43:3, 4 [cf 42:3] / Lk 4:24-30
- Tuesday: Dn 3:25, 34-43 / Ps 25:4-5ab, 6 and 7bc, 8-9 [6a] / Mt 18:21-35
- Wednesday: Dt 4:1, 5-9 / Ps 147:12-13, 15-16, 19-20] / Mt 5:17-19
- Thursday: Jer 7:23-28 / Ps 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9  / Lk 11:14-23
- Friday: Hos 14:2-10 / Ps 81:6c-8a, 8bc-9, 10-11ab, 14 and 17 [cf. 11 and 9a] / Mk 12:28-34
- Saturday: Hos 6:1-6 / Ps 51:3-4, 18-19, 20-21ab [cf. Hos 6:6] / Lk 18:9-14
- Next Sunday: 2 Chr 36:14-16, 19-23 / Ps 137:1-2, 3, 4-5, 6 [6ab] / Eph 2:4-10 / Jn 3:14-21 or
- 1 Sm 16: 1b, 6-7, 10-13a / Ps 23:1-3a, 3b-4m 5, 6  / Eph 5:8-14 / Jn 9:1-41 or
- 9: 1, 6-9, 13-17, 34-38